A statement by the DSS reads in full: "On 24th February, 2017, the DSS executed a search warrant, at the property of Dunes Investment and Global Properties Ltd, located at No 44 Aguiyi Ironsi Way, Maitama-Abuja.
The operation was informed by intelligence that some incriminating items were stashed in the boots of cars parked at the property, particularly a Mercedes Benz S550 and Masarati 4.7.
2. Consequently, on 25th February, 2017, in the presence of 2 private security officers employed by Dunes, the cars were searched and the following items were recovered:
(i) Glock pistol with 2magazines and a total of 29 rounds of ammunition;
(ii) Mini-Uzi with 2 magazines containing 10 rounds and 4 rounds respectively;
(iii) 42 extra rounds of ammunition contained in a pack; and
3. Other items recovered include:
i. 21 Certificates of Occupancy and 1 Offer of Statutory Right of Occupancy;
ii. 23 Luxury designer watches; and
iii. 45 keys to various exotic cars.
4. Following this discovery, the Service launched further investigation which revealed that the cars and the recovered items belong to the former Governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswan, who is presently helping in the investigations.
5. It is in the light of this latest development that the Service wishes to sound a note of warning to persons and groups that it will no longer tolerate any acts of lawlessness by those who ought to be law abiding and responsible citizens. .
The Service has also observed with total dismay the inciting utterances of some political actors whose activities heat-up the polity. It also wishes to express its disappointment with these politicians who, in their desperation, are engaged in hate speeches.
More worrisome is the unpatriotic involvement of some media outfits in these divisive tendencies which negate their constitutional role as the 4th estate of the realm.
6. In line with its statutory mandate, the Service hereby restates its commitment to go after anyone who engages in acts capable of causing the breach of peace in the country.