$2.1bn: EFCC seizes 18 houses from Dasuki’s associate

By  |  1 Comment
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has seized 18 houses in an estate allegedly belonging to Alhaji Aliyu Usman, an associate of the embattled former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.). Usman as well as two companies linked to him- Leaderettehe Nigeria Limited and Nordeen Global Resources – were among 300 others listed as persons who allegedly received contracts from the Office of the National Security Adviser. The EFCC said Musa allegedly diverted N897m he received from the ONSA fund and allegedly  used it to construct the estate. The inscription, ‘EFCC, Keep Off!’ was seen on the 18 terrace houses in the estate which is located at Mbora District, Abuja. Usman also allegedly used part of the money to buy a three bed-roomed flat at OAU Quarters Wuse 2 Abuja The EFCC said, “The EFCC is investigating the involvement of Aliyu Usman, who is linked with Leaderettehe Nigeria Limited and Nordeen Global Resources for their involvement in the monumental fraud that allegedly took place in the Office of the National Security Adviser during the regime of the embattled Col. Sambo Dasuki. “The two companies allegedly received about N897m from the arms deal funds from ONSA and diverted part of the money in the construction of an estate with 18 unit blocks of flats at Mbora District Abuja and another for the purchase of a three bed-roomed flat at OAU Quarters Wise II Abuja.” A committee set up to probe contracts awarded by the NSA from 2011 to 2015 had last year indicted more than 300 companies and prominent citizens including serving and retired officers of the armed forces. Mallam Garba Shehu, a spokesperson for President Muhammadu Buhari, had said in March last year that over N7bn had been recovered so far from the indicted companies and individuals. Another N41bn is to be refunded by the indicted companies while further investigation by the EFCC had been ordered to determine whether another N75bn should be recovered from some of the companies for unexecuted or partially executed contracts. The statement said the committee further established that one of the indicted companies, Societe D’Equipment International, was overpaid to the tune of €7.9m and $7.09m. The committee discovered that there was a total disregard of key provisions of the Public Procurement Act in the award of contracts by ONSA. “Several contractors were apparently overpaid, while others were given full upfront payments contrary to their contract terms and agreements in force,” Garba had said. Over 30 persons and companies are under prosecution by the EFCC for their alleged role in the scam while a few others have since fled the country.

1 Comment

  1. Bright Meek Phronesis Odei

    May 23, 2017 at 12:14 pm

    Well done EFCC. All this guys keeps stealing. Fraudsters. Annoying people. Mtscheeew!!!