18-month-old boy dies after his mom served him kerosene instead of water in Benin

By  |  6 Comments
 The mom then mistakenly gave him kerosene stored in a beverage can, to drink. The child, the only boy of four children, was said to have, on first gulp, immediately spat out the remaining content in his mouth, before his mother realized her error.
 
His mother,Mrs Ata , said with the help of neighbors, some volume of palm oil was immediately given to Isreal, before he was rushed to a hospital, where he died few hours later.
 
Narrating how she ‘mistakenly’ served her only son kerosene instead of , Mrs Buhari, from State, stated that one of her children had filled an empty can of beverage with water, which they took to the stop that fateful morning.
 
She added that a similar container of beverage inside which she stored kerosene, was kept in her shop and when her child complained of thirstiness, she ‘mistakenly’ picked the one filled with kerosene.
beninchild
Crdt: Nigerianobservernews

6 Comments

  1. Emmix Manuel

    February 18, 2017 at 10:53 am

    RIP girl

  2. Egwuatu Mary

    February 18, 2017 at 10:54 am

    Oh God, she should have been more cautious by checking which one is contained with water, also the smell of the kerosene would be in the can so I wonder how she couldn’t realize. Well, the devil has his way of doing things. So sad, RIP

  3. Timothy King.

    February 18, 2017 at 11:25 am

    Its unfortunate for her to have made such mistake, she should be more careful next time, its so painful that the boy is the on the only son, Rip to him.

  4. Adeyemi Adeleye

    February 18, 2017 at 5:23 pm

    That’s a costly mistake ….. I wonder how the family would be comforted?

  5. Bright Meek Phronesis Odei

    February 18, 2017 at 5:46 pm

    It was a silly mistake. The son is dead now… Sad 🙁

  6. Chibuike Ani

    February 19, 2017 at 8:17 am

    What a costly mistake! Take heart and be more careful. May his gentle soul rest in the bossom of the Lord.